Ever find yourself in charge of taking care of the kids, Dad? Does your daughter need help with her hair?
No worries Dad, we’re here for you…
- First of all, don’t panic! It’s actually a lot easier than it seems and, like most other things, requires repetition and practice. Hopefully before this situation arises, you can take a couple of pointers from a pro (your wife). Practice, practice, and practice some more!
- Always begin by brushing your daughter’s bed head and undoing any tangles.
- Now that the hair is brushed, what should you do next? Keep it simple and stick to a classic, the ponytail. Remember that you’re not an expert and a ponytail is best for beginners.
- Keep the natural part in your daughter’s hair and slightly dampen her hair to make it easier. Comb her hair back, grab the hair at the back, slide the elastic band around what you grabbed, and place it as close to her head as possible (but not too tight). You can also use clips to keep the loose hair at the top of her head in place.
- You can’t find the clips? A headband is an even better option! First, let your daughter choose her favorite color, then comb her hair back before putting it on. It should be over her forehead and behind her ears.
There can be two outcomes to this… Let’s pretend that you succeeded and loved doing it! Go ahead and show off your new skills by learning more complicated ponytails or braids. You are now Super Dad!
Didn’t go so well and you don’t know what you just attempted? Use whatever resources you have around you; look up a quick and simple video tutorial online or get a neighbor to do it for you. No one is going to judge.
Do you wash your hair every day? Is your hair too frizzy or dry? Does it get too greasy the next day? You may be damaging your hair by ridding the natural oils from your hair follicles. Over washing will make your hair dull and rough. The dry, frizz is a direct result of the excess loss of your hair’s natural oils.
Too greasy the next day? It’s only oily in the root area, but dry and stiff at the ends. Why? The more you wash your hair, the more you are over stimulating your hair follicles into producing more hair oil. This results in your hair quickly becoming greasy the next day.
Solution! First, slowly reduce the frequency of washing your hair (maybe every other day). Your hair will get oily the next day by habit, but this transition will be short. Healthy hair should be washed only 2-3 times a week. If you feel the need to freshen up, then try dry shampooing in-between instead (we carry several, including Kevin Murphy’s Doo-Over and Fresh Hair, and DrySpell Color Protect Dry Shampoo).
Exceptions? Like most other things, yes! If you exercise (and sweat) a great deal, live in a humid place, and have a very oily scalp.
Tips from Rodi:
- Shorter hair can be washed more frequently because the natural oils are able to distribute throughout the hair in less time.
- It’s easier to style day-old hair and it generally looks better when healthy.
The trending hair color at the moment is to go lighter! Going blonde will not limit the type of hairstyles you can have, because length isn’t an issue. It’s difficult to know exactly why blonde trends in the summer months: Is it the longer days? Maybe, all the sunshine? Or the warmer, beach weather? Do blondes really have more fun? Let’s observe the reasoning from a more logical point-of-view:
- Blonder hair brings out the youthful features in a person’s face
- Blond represents a softer and more milder color
What if you have tanner or darker skin tones? At Rodi Salon, we will use colors that will eliminate unwanted tones, which will result in a darker shade of blonde. Unwanted tones, like red and orange, are a direct result of going up too many levels in coloring. The level will be determined and toner will also be used, since blonde hair usually tends to be more complicated.
The Bob Family… did you know most all haircuts are hair bobs? There are short bobs, layered bobs, long bobs, asymmetric bob’s. Love your long straight hair? No problem, your just not part of the Bob family.
As you make your change in wardrobe for this Spring/Summer season, why not complete the change with one of the trendiest hairstyles of 2016!
We’re talking about the Choppy Bob, rocked by Sophia Bush and styled by celebrity stylist Buddy Porter. What makes this hairstyle different? It adds softly cut layers to the traditional bob.
Ideally, the Choppy Bob works best for straight and slightly wavy hair. It’s cut shorter on the sides and angled longer in the front. Texture is added by cutting long, choppy layers throughout.
For maintenance, trimming every 2 months for upkeep is recommended.
Now that spring is here, you probably wont need to look at the weather report to know how humid it is. Humid air will cause your hair to curl and fizz from the hydrogen bonds that form between water molecules and the protein in your hair.
At Rodi’s Salon, we specialize in the Brazilian Blowout – a hair smoothing treatment used to straighten hair by bonding the protein in the outer layer of your hair. This treatment will remove fizz, add shine, seal color and decrease the time needed to blow dry without damaging your hair.
Is it different from Keratin Treatment?
It’s actually more convenient and done in less time (about 90 minutes). Best of all, you can go home and not worry about your hair for the next couple months!
How is it applied?
- Hair must first be shampooed and dried, but not fully dry
- The product is applied, then blow dried and flat ironed
- Finally, the hair is shampooed, conditioned and the product is rinsed out before the final blow dry
It’s a 3-step treatment made to eliminate the negative reaction that oxygen has in treated hair, leading to breakage. This simple, safe and non-toxic treatment works on every hair type and has been the preferred treatment for celebrities like Kate Hudson, Emma Stone, and Reese Witherspoon to get that glamorous look only seen on the red carpet!
If you highlight, color, perm, blow dry, hot roll, braid, or treat your hair in any way; then you need Olaplex to eliminate the chance of breakage, help the color last longer, and keep your hair healthy. Additionally, Olaplex relieves and soothes the ends to cut down the dry, frizzy look.
Only 3 Steps! (First 2 steps are done at Rodi’s Salon)
- Rodi’s Salon will add the Bond Multiplier to the lightener or color.
- The Bond Perfector will then be applied after your hair is rinsed, but before the shampoo and conditioner.
- Finally, the Hair Perfector is taken home and applied once a week to strengthen your hair.
Every style of hair has to be treated differently; which means that you must find the correct blow-drying technique for your hair length.
- Begin by placing some smoothing serum unto your damp hair. You can use a comb to spread it around evenly, but don’t brush it yet.
- Blow-dry your hair, without a brush, to eliminate most of the moisture.
- Now clip the top sections of your hair, then set your dryer to heat (you will need a brush). Start with the section of hair in the back and go through a small, manageable section at a time. Remember to dry from the roots towards the ends.
- Unwind your hair from the brush, while rotating your wrists (Remember from roots to ends) as you blow dry. Keep repeating this process at each section until your hair is completely dry.
- Now give your hair a blast of cool air from the blow dryer to set it in place.
- Finally, almost done… use either a texturizing spray or smoothing serum (depends on preference) to finish the styling. It’s important to ALWAYS massage the roots in the process.
At this point you probably look flawless and ready to go out!
Schedule an appointment for hair and makeup to start the summer off right! Make-up lesson and application $50. When you book your hair and makeup appointment together in June or July, we are offering $20 off the package!
We proudly carry Jane Irendale mineral cosmetics, specially formulated with Organic, pharmaceutical grade Vitamins and Antioxidants.
These cosmetics are allergy safe, anti-irritant and non-comedogenic. Several products within the line have also been proven to aid in the prevention of sun induced damage by the Skin Cancer Foundation!
Love yourself this Valentine’s Day! Take advantage of our $75 Valentine’s Day Blowdry and Makeup Combo! Whether you’re a subtle romantic or you really want that va-va-voom! Rodi Salon in Vienna,Va is the place for you to release your inner and embrace your outer beauty!
Brazilian Blow Out is the most innovative and effective professional smoothing treatment in the world!
This treatment improves the health and condition of the hair by creating a protective protein layer around the hair shaft to eliminate frizz and smooth the cuticle. This product has ZERO Formaldehyde!
Through the use of a Brazilian Super Nutrient Complex and a proprietary polymer system, the Brazilian Blowout actually improves the condition of the hair by creating a protective protein layer around the hair shaft to eliminate frizz and smooth the cuticle.
The end result is smooth, healthy, conditioned hair with radiant shine.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you arrive at the salon:
1. Stylist will shampoo your hair with the Brazilian Blowout specially formulated Anti-Residue Professional Shampoo to prepare your hair for the optimal smoothing result.
2. After towel drying, your certified Brazilian Blowout stylist will divide your hair into sections and begin to comb the Brazilian Blowout Professional Treatment through each section of the hair from root to tip; lightly dusting each section with the solution. The solution will surround each hair shaft with protective protein layers to smooth and flatten the cuticle.
3. Stylist will then blow-dry your hair as straight as possible with a flat or round brush.
4. Once the hair is dry, the Stylist will divide the hair into sections and begin using a flat iron to activate the product.
5. Once complete, the Stylist will rinse the hair (no shampoo), towel-dry and apply the Brazilian Blowout Masque to further seal in the professional formulation. Afterward, the stylist will rinse the hair once again and towel dry.
6. The Stylist will then blow dry the hair straight one final time and style as desired.
You will leave the salon in approximately 90 minutes with beautiful, smooth, healthy radiant hair!
This life-changing service is designed to last up to 12 weeks but, when properly maintained with Brazilian Blowout’s Acai Anti-Frizz Shampoo and Acai Anti-Frizz Conditioner, many clients continue to enjoy results for 4-6 months!
Prices for this amazing service start at only $350!
Come join Rodi salon in support of Movember! This month’s focus nationwide is on men’s health. The Movember Foundation is the leading global organization committed to changing the face of men’s health.
The Movember community has raised $559 million to date and funded over 800 programs in 21 countries. This work is saving and improving the lives of men affected by prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems.
The Movember Foundation challenges men to grow moustaches during Movember (formerly known as November), to spark conversation and raise vital funds for its men’s health programs. To date, 4 million moustaches have been grown worldwide, but we won’t stop growing as long as serious men’s health issues exist.
MOVEMBER – A GLOBAL MOVEMENT
Since relatively humble beginnings back in 2003 in Australia, the Movember movement has grown to be a truly global one; inspiring support from over 4 million Mo Bros, Mo Sistas around the world.
The Movember Foundation currently runs official campaigns in 21 countries, however, we’re aware of pockets of support in virtually every corner of the world, from Moscow to Rio de Janeiro and everywhere in between. Movember’s success can largely be attributed to the strength of the global community; regardless of the city in which they live, they feel part of something bigger, united by a commitment to help change the face of men’s health. It’s about global mateship.
The global expansion of the Movember campaign is not something that has been driven from within – it has been invited and encouraged. Our policy is only to enter a new market if there is an existing strong ground swell of support. Word of mouth, the movement of expats and the incredible power of the internet have all contributed to the campaign stretching out across the globe. The geographic expansion supports and delivers on our primary objective of spreading key health messages to men everywhere.
The idea for Movember actually started with a conversation between mates, so there’s a nice synergy to the fact that today it’s conversation that is central to achieving our goals. That one conversation back in 2003 has today grown into billions, taking place around the world.