The Pompadour has taken over!
What is the Pompadour?
Did you know the Pompadour is one of the most popular men’s hairstyles for 2016? This hairstyle features:
- Short length on the sides and back
- Long hair on top that is combed upwards and towards the back
- A large volume of hair in the front that recedes towards the back
These days, different variations of the pompadour exist depending on a person’s face shape, lifestyle, and preference. For example, the classic style has long sides that are slicked back.
Where did it originate?
Did you know that the pompadour was originally a female hairstyle? It was named after King Louis XV’s mistress, Madame de Pompadour. It took the King of Rock & Roll, Elvis Presley, to finally introduce the pompadour as a hairstyle for men.
How do you style it?
- Start out by using a towel to dry your hair, keeping it slightly damp.
- Blow dry on low, while combing with a round brush from front to back.
- Rub the right amount of pomade (depending on length) into your hands and run it evenly through your hair. Use your fingers to reach the roots. (Note: Begin at the sides and move toward the top)
- Finish it off with a final comb… Sides to the back and then the top of your head. Create a part if needed.